cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [fyi] fast infoset: the world finally catches up
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:40:02 GMT
Il giorno 13/gen/05, alle 23:30, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>
>> Il giorno 13/gen/05, alle 20:09, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:
>>
>>> http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/xml/finf.htm
>>>
>>> cocoon used something like this since... hmmm when? 2000?
>>

>> As Tim Bray [1], I'm not convinced that binary XML is going to be
>> better and faster, except in some borderline cases, but anyway, I
>> cannot see what you're referring to when you say that Cocoon had this
>> since 2000. Care to explain?
>

> XMLByteStreamCompiler and XMLByteStreamIntepreter in
> org.apache.cocoon.components.sax that you use daily with Cocoon's
> cache ;-)

It's not easy to see that the XMLByteStreamCompiler is such a great
thing, when all that the doc says is a modest "This a simple xml
compiler which outputs a byte array." ;-)

By the way, I forgot to post the URL of Tim Bray's post before. Here it
is: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2005/01/09/FI

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/blojsom/blog/