cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml languages
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:37:26 GMT
Le 21 janv. 05, à 10:14, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :

> ...If you or someone else would like to make XSLT easier to use as
> template language, I would be happy to help with design discussions.
> But I have lost my interest in pushing for or implementing such a
> thing...

Note that such a thing is available *now*, see
   http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HtmlToXsltExperiments
and
   http://blog.bitflux.ch/archive/further-improvements-on-xsl-tal.html
which I find better

I've talked to Christian Stocker from bitflux about copying his stuff
in Cocoon, and he said he's ok with the idea of us and them keeping
parallel versions of his TAL-to-XSLT transform (as he stole some of our
ideas it's only fair ;-). The simplicity of the thing doesn't warrant
the effort of maintaining a common version, stealing ideas back and
forth (with due credit of course) is easier.

I've been meaning to add his stuff as a sample to the new template
block for a while, with some docs about how to use it, but as usual
time flies...

-Bertrand