cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Sitemap problem... help! :-)
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:32:07 GMT

On Jan 30, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I don't think we should go that far: IMO, having an exception with a
> clear reason message is enough, as it shows that there is a bug in the
> application that needs to be fixed. Mark had no such exception, and
> that's why he spent much time to find the problem.

Good summary.  Thanks to both of you.

It can be argued that it should be possible to match any continuation
resource in any context and have it resumed correctly.  The rationale
is the intuition that the sitemap context is part of the control thread
being resumed.  IOW, in 2.1.7 I get an exception telling me I need to
fix my "bug", and this a good thing.  Arguably, what I did should not
be a "bug" in the first place, but that's a separate issue.

Best Regards,
— mark