cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf (was Re: Cocoon, a Huge, Scary Beast?)
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:26:39 GMT
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:15:15 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> Peter Hunsberger wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:51:52 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> ><snip>syntax discussion</snip>
> >

> >>This is a good compromise between automagically loading all *.xconf (see
> >>my previous answer to Reinhard) and having to explicitely declare all
> >>imports one by one.
> >>
> >>However, that will work only if Cocoon doesn't run in an unexpanded war
> >>file. But that should not be a real problem as most deployments are
> >>using expanded wars,
> >>

> >Really?  How on earth can you make such a definitive statement?
> >

> I haven't written that all deployments run expanded (how could I know?).
> It just seems to me that it's a rather common practice for app servers
> to be configured to expand war files.

I thought perhaps you had seen some survey or there was some poll on
the cocoon-user list or something.  My experience has been that
operations departments like having unexpanded WAR files for
simplicitly of handling.  In some cases even if the app server later
expands the WAR file internally (eg JBoss) you can't count on
exploiting that behaviour...

--
Peter Hunsberger