cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonas Ekstedt <ekst...@ibg.uu.se>
Subject Re: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:30:35 GMT
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

snip...
> I agree. Anyway, we (in Cocoon) have a current user base using JXTG that
> we cannot forget. If is necesary, I can do that. Some months ago, I spend
> a week understanding how the JXTG works. While I don't consider myself an
> expert. I thing we can make the life easier to others by breaking it down.
> I saw some problems on the user list that I guess can be easily fixed in
> the current implementation. BTW, I also saw the current implementation has
> some broken parts that need to be fixed again.

The only part missing is finalizing the Tag interface. Specifically how
attributes values should be fed into the tag instance (at the time there
was disagreement regarding thread safety of tags so the Tag interface had
to wait).

There might also be some tweaks necessary to support macros.

> I think is better to extend what we have instead of defining a new
> language. We need to consolidate things while I understand is good to have
> a new research areas. So in anycase the JXTG refactoring is a must.

The template block is exactly that, an attempt at refactoring JXTG.

Cheers Jonas