cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tuomo L <tleso...@cc.hut.fi>
Subject Re: SourceResolver for custom Source (and SourceFactory)
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:04:29 GMT
Thanks Carsten!

I got my source working now, but it's awfully slow. The source gets a
specially modified zip-file from any cocoon source (context used) and
after working on it, extracts a file from this zipped package. The slow
section seems to be the unzipping part. Also, no caching seems to happen
by Cocoon. A web page that called this source 10 times took 20 seconds to
load on a fairly fast machine. The zip file is only 84Kb!

Any optimization tips? Didn't think Java's zip-utilities are so slow...

-Tuomo