cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@mrigitech.com>
Subject RE: [SOT] SingleThreaded components vs. Singletons
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:44:11 GMT
I'm using the turbine-fulcrum security library
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/fulcrum/fulcrum-security-site/index.html,
this makes uses of an Avalon Hibernate wrapper.  I'm not sure if this
component is actively maintained any longer as it has been deleted from the
HibernateExt repository, however maven will download it when you build the
security library.

Cheers
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Reinhard Poetz [mailto:reinhard@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, 12 December 2004 8:39 p.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: [SOT] SingleThreaded components vs. Singletons

For a quick hack I wrote a singleton (simple Java class) that manages the
Hibernate SessionFactory. As it is only a Cocoon/Hibernate-demo I haven't
thought much about it, but if I use Hibernate in production, I would write a
SingleThreaded Avalon component. I would do it because Cocoon is based on
Avalon, but are there any technical reasons?

--
Reinhard