cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: The danger of overseparating concerns (was Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just my opinion))
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:20:34 GMT

On Dec 4, 2004, at 12:24 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Note however, that the approach you suggest where the generator
> produces only XML data is valid in publishing-oriented applications
> where there's no controller, as the generator has to perform the data
> acquisition (until we have lightweight controllers that don't require
> 2 separate sitemap executions as flowscript does).

This where we are currently having problems. When a site is more of an
application then just a publication. Mainly our problems are with
forms, we would like to use CForms but are finding it difficult to
integrate with the rest of our architecture (and its a lot of XML). I'm
sure we will find a way ... eventually. But the point you make is well
taken and becoming painfully obvious.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com