cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Evans <jon.ev...@misgl.com>
Subject Re: EHDefaultStore
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:39:44 GMT
Hi Unico,

On 3 Dec 2004, at 12:52, Unico Hommes wrote:

> On 3-dec-04, at 13:27, Jon Evans wrote:
>

>> This is another reason why I think we need a system-wide ehcache
>> component, which is used by EHDefaultCache and any other instances
>> needed by specific applications...
>>

> I don't understand. What is wrong with the Store interface?

Sorry, I wasn't being very clear.  I think I meant:

This is another reason why I think we need a system-wide ehcache
component, which is used by any Store component which wants to be
backed by an ehcache (e.g. EHDefaultCache and any other instances
needed by specific applications).

i.e. there is one EHCache component which configures CacheManager from
ehcache.xml.  Then any clients (StoreS like EHDefaultCache) that want
to use ehcache can call a method on the EHCache component to add a new
Cache to the CacheManager.

I envisage something like you said in an earlier email:

split out EHDefaultCache into AbstractEHCache, which can create any
type of Cache, EHDefaultCache which extends it and is hard coded to
create an eternal cache, and EHCache which can be configured in
cocoon.xconf to create any sort of Cache supported by EHCache.

Jon