cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ben Pope" <>
Subject Cforms Repeater Binding Cross-Referenced Data
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:28:14 GMT

I'll get straight to the point:

I'm having some difficulty in working out how to bind the following data in
both directions:

      <person id="0">
      <person id="1">
      <person id="2">
      <room id="0">
         <person idref="0"/>
         <person idref="1"/>
      <room id="1">
         <person idref="2"/>

Hopefully that describes the situation where "Me" and "You" are in the
"Lounge" and "He" is in the "Kitchen".

Now, assume I would like to be able to modify the names of all people in the
"Lounge", and would therefore like to have a repeater that is in some sense
repeating over  /project/rooms/room[@id=0]/person  but modifying a subset of
the data in the  /project/people/person  branch.

Is this possible with just the repeater?

What would be the best way of doing this?

I am willing to extend/modify/create a repeater that can do this (as I think
this is a useful thing), but have not contributed to cocoon so far and would
probably need prodding in the right direction.

Thanks for your time,

View raw message