cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just say yes!)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:44:21 GMT

On Dec 6, 2004, at 9:00 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
> Yeah, cocoon-dev has gone crazy during the week-end :-)
>
>> more than one EL per template is clear FS to me. I'd be in favor of
>> specifying EL at the TemplateGenerator declaration time, and would
>> not go more granular than this.
>

> I don't agree: it happens quite often to have mixed view data
> combining java objects and XML.

Hmmm... why does this happen? It seems that the java could be injected
by by one component and the XML by another.

> In that case, a single EL is just painful. Furthermore, specifying the
> language in the component declaration doesn't help readability nor
> reuse of templates between projects.

Readability of what, the sitemap or the template.

Frankly, while it adds complexity to the sitemap, it only does so for
template generators/transformers. I think understandability will be
more affected by naming choices then the configuration complexity. Only
needing to interpret a single EL in a template undoubtedly improves
readability. Imagine me writing this using french, polish and english
phrases randomly interspersed.

I don't see how this affects reusability.

> Sylvain
>
> --

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting