cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:02:21 GMT

On Dec 5, 2004, at 11:59 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Glen Ezkovich wrote:
>> On Dec 5, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>> Your alarm might have been desensitized by our continuos stream of
>>> FS ;) Actually it would be boring if you were easy to predict.

>>> So do I.

>> Yes, thats why they should be in separate components. Pick your
>> poison. You know over time that one language will evolve past the
>> other. Having to maintain equivalence is a burden not needed. As I've
>> stated before picking the language should be a compile time decision.
>
> -1, that would make it impossible to use the two syntaxes in different
> parts of the site and there is no need to restrict that since it's
> perfectly valid that some parts of the templates will be edited by
> some people and some others by some others, with different skills.

Why? Just to be clear, I meant Java compile time. Use different
generators and transformers for each language. If you generate using
one, there is no reason to have to stick to the same language in the
transformation. Same goes for multiple transformations. I don't see the
need to use the same language in every step of a pipeline. The idea is
to provide as much flexibility as possible while constraining the use
of multiple languages in a single template.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com
http://www.hard-bop.com