cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: review of sitemap component documentation
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:11:31 GMT
Le 2 déc. 04, à 10:36, David Crossley a écrit :
> ...I do want to use tools to help process the xml table.
> For example, i have a 'sed' script to add a blank
> column. Should i commit those somewhere?..

Yes, somewhere in the tools directory would be good IMHO

>> And/or a single bugzilla issue to keep track of the work done on this
>> table might be good?
>
> Not sure what you mean there. I was expecting that
> just the svn commit log messages would suffice.

Just having an issue page show up in the bugzilla list would help
remind us that there is work to be done there, and keeping a
single-page history of what we do might be good. But you're right that
the svn log might be enough.

>> ...Did you document the process already, i.e. how do new entries come
>> into the table when someone adds a new component? (I have not reread
>> the whole thread so I might be missing something obvious, please bear
>> with me).
>
> ....My inial goal was to set up a functional table manually,
> then work on ways to automate its population and ways
> to ensure that it stays synchronised...

Even having a way (script, ant task, whatever) to *check* what might be
missing in the table would be enough I think, population is no big deal
but finding out what's missing is harder I think.

> ...Let us take it steadily. It is
> a long road.

sure!

-Bertrand