cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <ge...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:55:46 GMT

On Dec 5, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Your alarm might have been desensitized by our continuos stream of FS
> ;) Actually it would be boring if you were easy to predict.
>
>> I really think that it makes sense to have two different syntaxes,
>> one that uses elements and another one that uses attributes.
>
> So do I.
>
>> Now, having them cohexist in the page smells like FS, though ;-)

Yes, thats why they should be in separate components. Pick your poison.
You know over time that one language will evolve past the other. Having
to maintain equivalence is a burden not needed. As I've stated before
picking the language should be a compile time decision.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com
http://www.hard-bop.com