cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:01:19 GMT

On Dec 3, 2004, at 2:50 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> All I ask from a template language:
>
>  1) something that HTML designers can edit with Dreamweaver

Why? I really don't want HTML designers touching my templates. I want
them to work withe the data received from my generator and transform
that into something renderable by a browser.

>  2) something that doesn't use namespaced tags to identify dynamic
> scopes (clashes with #1)

Would be nice. But since I don't like 1, no problem here. ;-)

>  3) something that doesn't use the name taglib

The name does have evil connotations. Do you have a suggestion for a
new name?

> That's pretty much all you have to do to make me happy.
>
> --
> Stefano.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting