cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just say yes!)
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 14:53:29 GMT
On Dec 4, 2004, at 8:19 AM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> With that said, a usable taglib-driven system already exists. Jelly.
>> If you need taglibs, go with that. No need to re-invent something
>> different in cocoon.
>
> Both I and Carsten have tried to use Jelly in Cocoon but the fit isn't
> that good. See our posts in
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109932680200001&r=1&w=2.

Ah, I missed that thread :)

I have Jelly working pretty well in Cocoon. You can modify the
JellyContext to take a Source object and use that to create the
template. And the templates are thread-safe, its just that each
template invocation will require a new JellyContext object.

There are a few edges where usages of URL could be replaced with
Source, but not that many.

The implementation is just a few adapter classes and works great! I'm
happy to share with anyone interested in pursuing this further.
-pete