cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com
Subject RE: [portal] Need for CachingPortletAdapter
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:31:53 GMT

> Thanx!
>
> Your PageLabels seem like great enhancement to the portal engine. Need to
> look closer but
> seems like caching of portlet content will be breeze with pagelinks in
> use.
>
> But there is one issue remaining. I am afraid that links don't work on
> first portal page in samples. Seems like pagelinks won't work on pages
> with no tabs. Did you encounter same behaviour?

Yes. I suppose that is by design. PageLabels are only generated for named
items, primarily because items don't have any information to use to
generate a page label. If you have an idea on how that could be improved
I'd certainly be open to it, although I'm a little unclear on why not
having a page label on a single page web site would be a problem. Maybe
you could provide an example that would illustrate that.

Ralph