cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r123708 - in cocoon/trunk/src: core/java/org/apache/cocoon/core/container core/test/org/apache/cocoon/core/container java/org/apache/cocoon java/org/apache/cocoon/components/container java/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/sitemap samples/org/apache/cocoon/samples/parentcm
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:02:08 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>> Nono! Loading a class using the Thread's contextCL doesn't mean that
>> class is actually loaded by this CL: it just means that search starts
>> at this CL and crawls up the CL tree. So ECM++ loads classes in the
>> classloader it was loaded in, which can be an ancestor of the Thread's
>> contextCL!!!
>>
> True.
>
> Ok, I will readd the classloading stuff asap.

Ah, now my memory comes back - actually I started with these changes in
November before my vacation...ok, we had more than one place in ECM++
where instances where created. I wanted to reduce this to one single
place, which means first cleaning up class loading, redesigning to
have one single place and then readding class loading. Gosh, it's
been a so long time...

Carsten