cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf: done
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:21:24 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Marc Portier wrote:
>>
>>> way to go, mate!
>>>
>>> just one question: from memory I recall the suggestion during the
>>> discussion for doing the automagical xconf/*.xconf include
>>>
>>> I'm guessing this is not in there as of now?
>>

>> No, it's not there currently.
>>
>> It could be done of course, but I'm not sure this is such a good
>> idea, as it prevents packaging Cocoon as a war file (AFAIK, we cannot
>> explore the contents of "directories" in a war file).
>

> I think it's possible (but perhaps I'm wrong); I read the spec last week
> and I found something that should work in a war file as well. I will
> look into it and try to add this new feature in the next days.

Are you talking about ServletContext.getResourcePaths() [1]? That could
do the job, but maybe requires the implementation of a new special
SourceFactory (producing TraversableSources). That would be very useful
for using the TraversableGenerator within war files!

Sylvain

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/servlet/ServletContext.html#getResourcePaths(java.lang.String)