cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf: done
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:14:29 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>> I see a misunderstanding: "context" (or "local context") is not to be
>> confused with "root context". When loading the root cocoon.xconf, the
>> local context is the root context. When loading a sitemap, the local
>> context is the sitemap location and any <include> in <map:component>

>> will use that local context.
>>
>> So, to summarize, <include> uses the local context (either root
>> context or sitemap location), but not the configuration file's location.
>>
>> How does that sound to a dumb user? ;-)
>

> Is "root context" here is a webapp context root ('/'), or is it
> location of the root sitemap (<sitemap
> file="/path/to/my/root/sitemap.xmap" logger="sitemap"/>)?
>
> So does it resolve relative to "/" or relative to root sitemap?

The root service manager resolves relatively to the webapp context root,
and not to the location of the root sitemap (because the root SM loads
the component that defines this sitemap).

Now I never changed the default setting for the root sitemap... Does it
affect relative sources in the root sitemap also?

Sylvain