cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf: done
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:34:27 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I see a misunderstanding: "context" (or "local context") is not to be
> confused with "root context". When loading the root cocoon.xconf, the
> local context is the root context. When loading a sitemap, the local
> context is the sitemap location and any <include> in <map:component>
> will use that local context.
>
> So, to summarize, <include> uses the local context (either root context
> or sitemap location), but not the configuration file's location.
>
> How does that sound to a dumb user? ;-)

Hmmm, I'm too dumb to find a good answer :)
Seriously, I think we can go with this - although it would be easier to
understand if the include in the xconf would be relative to the xconf;
Your argumentation is correct, but I guess we will have to explain
this to users several times.

Anyways, we should "support" this behaviour by always using the
context: protocol in the cocoon.xconf as you already did.

Carsten