cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r123708 - in cocoon/trunk/src: core/java/org/apache/cocoon/core/container core/test/org/apache/cocoon/core/container java/org/apache/cocoon java/org/apache/cocoon/components/container java/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/sitemap samples/org/apache/cocoon/samples/parentcm
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:23:01 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Why? This seems very dangerous to me as it doesn't use the Thread's
> context classloader (or any other given classloader), and will cause
> problems if the jar containing this class is higher in the classloader
> tree than the loaded class. Think e.g. autocompling classloader or real
> blocks classloaders.
The current classloading was a little bit confusing. Only the root
manager got the classloader set, everything else (sub managers,
selectors etc) not. For now - without blocks - we don't need this.
The Cocoon class is instantiated using the configured class loader
(Thread Context) and the cocoon class instantiates ECM++. So,
ECM++ uses this class loader as well.

As soon as we need improved classloading we can do it the right way.
Or did I oversee something?

View raw message