cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf: done
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:53:19 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Why are relative files resolved relative to the context and not to the
>> location of the cocoon.xconf?
>
> Good question :-)
>
> At first, I thought relative URIs should be relative to the current
> file,
Yepp, that was my thought as well.

 > but then looked at how sourceresolving is done everywhere else in
> Cocoon: URIs are relative to the current sitemap (i.e. the context in
> case of the root sitemap): "src" attributes in the sitemap, includes in
> CInclude and XInclude, etc. AFAIK, only XSLT's includes and imports are
> handled differently because it's mandated by the XSLT spec.
>
> So, I decided to use the standard sourceresolving mechanism in xconf also.
>
> How does that sound?

Confusing :) It's not a big deal, but without thinking - as a dumb user
(and I'm very good in acting like someone who can't think at all) - I
would expect that a relative path in the cocoon.xconf is resolved
relative to the cocoon.xconf like it happens with paths in the sitemap.
The cocoon.xconf is the core configuration for cocoon, so when it
is consulted there is no sitemap.

If you use the include (of components) in a sitemap, then I assume that
it is resolved relative to the location of this sitemap and not to the
context.

Carsten