cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf: done
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:40:03 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Great work, Sylvain!

Thanks!

> Just one questions below:
>
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just committed the new feature that allows cocoon.xconf to be split
>> into small parts. There is a new <include src=""/> statement that
>> includes either a roles file or a xconf file. A minimal
>> sourceresolver is setup at cocoon boot time that provides the
>> "resource:" and "context:" protocols to fetch files (relative files
>> are equivalent to "context:").
>

> Why are relative files resolved relative to the context and not to the
> location of the cocoon.xconf?

Good question :-)

At first, I thought relative URIs should be relative to the current
file, but then looked at how sourceresolving is done everywhere else in
Cocoon: URIs are relative to the current sitemap (i.e. the context in
case of the root sitemap): "src" attributes in the sitemap, includes in
CInclude and XInclude, etc. AFAIK, only XSLT's includes and imports are
handled differently because it's mandated by the XSLT spec.

So, I decided to use the standard sourceresolving mechanism in xconf also.

How does that sound?

Sylvain