cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] Wrong version number if forrest is available
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:17:20 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>>With the latest changes to the build system in trunk regarding forrest,
>>>the version number of Cocoon is overwritten by a forrest installation.
>>>
>>>In my build environment I have set FORREST_HOME to a 0.5 forrest
>>>installation and when building Cocoon, Cocoon uses this 0.5 as it's
>>>own version number :(
>>>
>>>Can we fix this please? (A workaround is to set FORREST_HOME to a
>>>non existing path)
>>
>>Drat, there is no way around that, other than for you to install
>>forrest_06_branch for use with Cocoon trunk, or we remove forrest
>>completely from the build.
>>
>>I did do testing and fixed that issue, but forgot that people
>>might still try to use the old forrest-0.5.1 against cocoon trunk.

I'm not using forrest with cocoon, I just have a development environment
that sets FORREST_HOME to make it work with other projects.

> Or we could tweak the cocoon build system to change
> ${version} to ${cocoon.version}

If this is the only property that gets overwritten by forrest, then I'm
fine with this. Perhaps the better way would be to remove forrest from
our build. It looks much safer for me.

Carsten