cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] splitting cocoon.xconf
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:55:41 GMT
Team, here's a formal vote about splitting cocoon.xconf.

I propose to add a new <import> feature in cocoon.xconf so that
adding/removing blocks to a Cocoon instance doesn't require do merge
each block's configuration in a unique cocoon.xconf file as of today.

With this feature, cocoon.xconf can simply be a list of imports, thus
allowing to very easily add/remove blocks in a Cocoon application. For
more background, please see the initial "splitting cocoon.xconf" post [1].

The first implementation will focus on basic import (one file per
<import> element), and later on we'll implement globbing features
proposed by Carsten [2].

Please cast your votes.

Here's my +1 (of course!)

Sylvain