cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting cocoon.xconf (was Re: Cocoon, a Huge, Scary Beast?)
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:53:42 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> The result is that to activate/deactivate a block, you'll simply have to
> decomment/comment a line in the main cocoon.xconf. Example:
> <cocoon>
>  <!-- block-specific components -->
>  <import src="cocoon-pdf-block.xconf"/>
>  <import src="cocoon-portal-block.xconf"/>
>  <import src="cocoon-svg-block.xconf"/>
>
>  <!-- the core cocoon components (parser, cache, pipelines, etc) -->
>  <import src="cocoon-core.xconf"/>
> </cocoon>

two thoughts:
1. once on icq we chatted about implicit .xconf files to enable blocks. this
goes into the same direction, doesn't it? Imean if i deploay a block inzo
WEB-INF/blocks, it isn't necessary to make an explicit import.

2. how does this relate to carsten's prposal, that we are voting on?

--
Reinhard