cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Component confs per sitemap [was: [RT]]
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:49:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>>>The current solution for adding own components to Cocoon is to
>>>(optionally) add the role to the cocoon.roles file and to add the
>>>component
>>>(configuration)
>>>to the global cocoon.xconf file.
>>>
>>>What about providing the possibility to add
>>>

>>components/roles on a per
>>

>>>sitemap level? For example by providing a reference from within a
>>>sitemap in the map:components sections:
>>>
>>><map:components roles-file="..." config-file="...">
>>>  ..
>>></map:components>
>>>
>>>So all of these components are available in this sitemap and in all
>>>subsitemaps.
>>>Adding this (to 2.2) should be very easy and makes adding own stuff
>>>imho easier.
>>>
>>>(As a second step - but this is independent it would be possible to
>>>move all definitions of sitemap components into these files
>>>

>>as well,
>>

>>>leaving just the pipelines in a sitemap).
>>>
>>>WDYT?
>>>

>>i like this. please start a vote so that we don't have to
>>discuss in 6 month whether it was a community decision or not.
>>

>Your wish is my command :)
>
>So, please cast your votes!
>
>Here is my: +1

Thinking further... We could use for the sitemap the <import> directive
I'm currently working on for cocoon.xconf.

The sitemap components could then be
<map:components>
  <map:import src="blah.xconf" roles="blah.roles"/>
</map:components>

Also, do we really need a roles file, which really is a component
writer's concern? The role manager can be setup by aggregating all
cocoon.roles files found in the classpath. That would make role
management totally transparent.

WDYT?

Sylvain