cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Component confs per sitemap
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:34:01 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>The current solution for adding own components to Cocoon is to (optionally)
>add the role to the cocoon.roles file and to add the component
>(configuration)
>to the global cocoon.xconf file.
>
>What about providing the possibility to add components/roles on a per
>sitemap
>level? For example by providing a reference from within a sitemap in the
>map:components sections:
>
><map:components roles-file="..." config-file="...">
>  ..
></map:components>
>
>So all of these components are available in this sitemap and in all
>subsitemaps.
>Adding this (to 2.2) should be very easy and makes adding own stuff imho
>easier.
>
>(As a second step - but this is independent it would be possible to move all
>definitions of sitemap components into these files as well, leaving just the
>pipelines in a sitemap).
>
>WDYT?

There was a discussion on this very topic (with pretty much the same
proposal) here while you were on vacation.  However, as I recall it was
under one of the topics that I believe you deleted. :-)  You just can't
go on vacation anymore!

I love the idea - especially moving the component definitions into the
xconf file.  Small sitemap files are good.

Ralph