cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RFC] JXTG Refactoring
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:48:56 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
<snip/>
>> In a next step the cache object should be factored out from the
>> ExecutionContext and replaced by some kind of script manager, so that
>> we can have the code that compiles and caches the scripts at one place.
>
> I am on it if you haven't already started it.

Nice! No I tried to commit the things that I have been working on
dirrectly to decrease the risk of collisions with your work. Don't know
if that succeded, at least I was first ;)

My focus is to continue working on factoring out the tag code from the
parser and invoker to the tag classes. I want them to become completely
independent of JXTG specific stuff.

If you have any possiblity to add test cases for the tags I would
appriciate that very much.

Concerning the strange difference between cocoon.request and request I
have some slight remembrance that it has been discussed on the list and
that it was deliberate. But I don't remember the reason and I have not
been able to find the relevant posts.

As the use of request etc without cocoon prefix is deprecated, I don't
think there is any reasons to support it in our template work that
probably is directed to 2.2. So if no one protest I think we should
remove the deprecated stuff from template and try to get what is left to
work from test code. It is really frustrating that it is so tricky to
send data to the template. And it hinders my progress, that I have not
been able to write much more test cases.

/Daniel