cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: how to list all sitemap components
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:57:50 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>

>>David Crossley a ?crit :
>>

>>>...Using the grep javadocs method does not find any
>>>serializers, actions, matchers, selectors.
>>>

>>Why, can't you grep their base interfaces like:
>>  for i in $(egrep -rl 'SitemapModelComponent|OtherBaseInterface|Other)
>>?
>>

>Oh, i haven't tried that. I expected all sitemap components to have
>SitemapModelComponent, but evidently not.

I just used "SitemapModelComponent" as something of a throwaway comment,
actually, if you search for
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/generation/Generator.html,

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/Transformer.html,
etc, in the Javadoc files, you _will_ get everything!

>>Also, how about defining a marker interface for components that need to
>>be documented in this way? AutoDocumentedComponent extends Component or
>>something like this.
>>

>At the moment i am trying to get a list of all possible
>sitemap components, so that we know which components should
>be documented.
>
>When we know that, then we can add such a marker to the
>relevant components. Actually the SitemapTask will handle that
>because it searches for the javadoc-like comments, e.g.
>@cocoon.sitemap.component.name
>http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/plan/review-sitemap-docs.html#Introduction

Yup, once marked up, we'll be there. But a simple script we can run
everyso often to ensure that we haven't added new ones without markup
would be useful.

Regards, Upayavira