cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: JXTemplateGenerator
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:52:03 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> "General consensus" has turned out to be incorrect on many occasions.
> What I see is that some people, such as Stefano, are looking to build a
> better templating system while others are contemplating what appears to
> be pointless refactoring.

As I prepare a presentation on web controller I read the thread where Ovidiu
presented his continuations idea. General consensus was something like Struts
did (and still does ;-) and it took a while until people began to understand
what the power is. And look where we are today ... :-)
Anyway, just a sidenote.

My question is: Chris, you talked to Stefano IRL and read at least some of the
mails of the templating discussion. What is your understanding where "next
generation templating" should head to?

View raw message