cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTemplateGenerator
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:52:03 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> "General consensus" has turned out to be incorrect on many occasions.
> What I see is that some people, such as Stefano, are looking to build a
> better templating system while others are contemplating what appears to
> be pointless refactoring.

As I prepare a presentation on web controller I read the thread where Ovidiu
presented his continuations idea. General consensus was something like Struts
did (and still does ;-) and it took a while until people began to understand
what the power is. And look where we are today ... :-)
Anyway, just a sidenote.

My question is: Chris, you talked to Stefano IRL and read at least some of the
mails of the templating discussion. What is your understanding where "next
generation templating" should head to?

--
Reinhard