cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [RFC] JXTG Refactoring
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:32:26 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>> I have commited an initial JXTemplateGenerator to
>> o.a.c.template.jxtg.JXTemplateGenerator and moved Jonas' templating
>> proposal to o.a.c.template.v2 package.
>>
>> Please review.
>

> Nice!
>
> Don't have time to review in any detail right now. I added some basic
> test cases. Two of them that tries to test that the cocoon object is
> accesible from expressions are faulty, I didn't get them to work even
> with the original JXTG, any idea about what goes wrong?

instead of:
> <root>
>   protocol: ${cocoon.request.protocol}
>
>   <item attr="** ${parameters.test} **">
>     Some text
>   </item>
>
> </root>

you should do:
> <root>
>   protocol: ${request.protocol}
>
>   <item attr="** ${cocoon.parameters.test} **">
>     Some text
>   </item>
>
> </root>

I. regarding the protocol property:

JXTemplateGenerator.setContexts:
There is a "request" registered populated from:
final Request request = ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel);

and there is cocoon.request registered populated from:
cocoon.put("request", FOM_JavaScriptFlowHelper
                            .getFOM_Request(objectModel));

It itches me that cocoon.request will only work when working with flow
controller. I do not know flow internals to fix that.

II. regarding parameters property:
you have cocoon.parameters:
cocoon.put("parameters", Parameters.toProperties(parameters));

and top level "parameters":
map.put("parameters", parameters);

Second case does not perform the conversion and this is the problem. I
am commiting the fix right now.