cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: Issue with cocoon views -- Using views to debug not really possible?
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:09:01 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Thomas Alexnat wrote:

>> <map:aggregate element="categoryindexpage">
>>    <map:part src="cocoon:/getXMLContentA"/>
>>    <map:part src="cocoon:/getXMLContentB"/>
>> </map:aggregate>
>> are resulting in a corrupt XML tree after calling them with the
>> default pretty-print view. As expected, the pretty-view gets
>> pretty-printed...

> Now the question is what behaviour is to be considered "correct"
> regarding views and internal pipeline calls. Should we consider that
> view should be taken into account only for external requests?

That would not be correct too, me thinks. Correct behavior would be to "reset"
view when making internal request, but allow requestee to specify which view of
internal pipeline it desires to obtain.

I mean, example above should work as expected: no view label should be passed to
cocoon:/getXMLContentX, but view label should be passed if request is made as

Current behavior seems like a bug, and because of this there is no need to
preserve it for "backward compatibility".
... Hmmm, interesting, when this bug was introduced? ...

View raw message