cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From george georgovassilis <geor...@open.gr>
Subject Re: XML Serializers [was: XMLSerializer replaces tabs with &#9; ]
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:05:31 GMT
Dear All

I just migrated our projects to 2.1.6 and found that they were severely
affected by this new behaviour as all our generated XHTML has escaped
tabs, quotes etc. Thus I'd (I think we all do) appreciate clarity on
what the correct (and expected) behaviour of the serialisation is.

In the meantime (since I wouldn't want to miss all the new, nice changes
in 2.1.6) I found an almost workaround (have tried only with the XHTML
serialiser) which requires only minor changes to the XSLs:

<map:serializer mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer">
    <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
    <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

The only caveat is that in javascripts quotes are still escaped, which
can be taken care of however by enclosing them with <xsl:comment>.

I hope I'm not too much off-topic
Regards
G.