cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: JXTG: invoke macro by name from expression
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:45:40 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>> That's good. If noone objects I will start tomorrow and hopefully
>> commit  tomorrow.
>
> I have not had time to evalute your proposal in detail, but from a first
> look it seem good, so please go ahead.
>
> The syntax you proposed for invocation:
>
>> <jx:invoke macro="superPrettyPrintedTable"
>>            headerTemplate="addressHeaderTemplate"
>>            elements="${addresses}"
>>            rowTemplate="addressRowTemplate"/>
>

> has the problem that "headerTemplate" and so on only are defined in the
> macro definition. Which means that you can't use a schema for checking
> the template. I would suggest that you use the ordinary verobose
>
> <jx:parameter  name="foo" value="bar"/>
 >
 > syntax instead. So that it can work together with common XML tools, if
 > people want to use such.

That would be good but looks like a bigger change while current macro
call is done via
<macroName param1="value" param2="value"/>

so I would reuse the current logic. If you do not mind I'll commit my
approach first and look for the way to achieve your syntax.

> And in another mail:
>
>> It does not seem that much coding is needed. I could also strip all inner
>> classes from JXTG at the same time as the first step for JXTG
>> refactoring.
>
> I'm working on refactoring JXTG, and will commit as soon as I have
> something commitable. I would suggest that you focus on implementing the
> invoke stuff, if its ok with you, so that we avoid doing the same work
> twice.
>
> You should also be aware of that refactoring is somewhat more
> complicated than just stripping out the inner classes, as they have all
> sort of interdependencies based on using global variable in the main
> class and using public variables from each other :/
I was able to strip 48 classes (almost all inner) removing all public
variables and introducing getters. This was almost an identity
transformation using eclipse so for 99% I haven't broken anything.

If you already have something I should not commit - maybe I would send
you the source via email so you could use it if you wanted?