cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JXTG: invoke macro by name from expression
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:34:16 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
<snip/>
> That's good. If noone objects I will start tomorrow and hopefully commit
>  tomorrow.
I have not had time to evalute your proposal in detail, but from a first
look it seem good, so please go ahead.

The syntax you proposed for invocation:
> <jx:invoke macro="superPrettyPrintedTable"
>            headerTemplate="addressHeaderTemplate"
>            elements="${addresses}"
>            rowTemplate="addressRowTemplate"/>

has the problem that "headerTemplate" and so on only are defined in the
macro definition. Which means that you can't use a schema for checking
the template. I would suggest that you use the ordinary verobose

<jx:parameter  name="foo" value="bar"/>

syntax instead. So that it can work together with common XML tools, if
people want to use such.

And in another mail:
> It does not seem that much coding is needed. I could also strip all inner
> classes from JXTG at the same time as the first step for JXTG refactoring.
I'm working on refactoring JXTG, and will commit as soon as I have
something commitable. I would suggest that you focus on implementing the
invoke stuff, if its ok with you, so that we avoid doing the same work
twice.

You should also be aware of that refactoring is somewhat more
complicated than just stripping out the inner classes, as they have all
sort of interdependencies based on using global variable in the main
class and using public variables from each other :/

/Daniel