cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: JDK 1.3, Forrest and Cocoon Upgrade
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:26:13 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Mie, 8 de Diciembre de 2004, 12:52, Reinhard Poetz dijo:
>
>> > AFAIK there was no official vote but I found these mails by Carsten and
>> > Sylvain:
>> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109681547626264&w=2
>>
>>Have I missed the vote?
>

> I don't wrote this ;-)

maybe my second ego (I think Bertrand already got acquainted with him ...) ;-)

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107821710911262&w=2
>
> Follow the thread and seems we had an agreement. :-D

Here the missing summary:

+1  : Antonio, Stefano, Unico, Bruno
-0.5: Ugo, Jörg, Leo (nb), Reinhard, Pier

People who voted with -0.5 were not against 1.4 but said that this really needs
a good usecase that can only be implemented (easily) with 1.4 and not with 1.3.

Not to end in a chicken-egg-situation, we agreed that 1.4 is the minimum for 2.2
for now. When we are ready to release Cocoon 2.2 we will look through the code
of Cocoon _core_ and if there is no major blocker we will support 1.3 again, if
this is not possible, 1.4 will remain the minimum.

--
Reinhard