cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r111262 - in cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src: java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow webapp/WEB-INF
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:03:28 GMT
lgawron@apache.org wrote:
> Author: lgawron
> Date: Wed Dec  8 03:47:12 2004
> New Revision: 111262

> Log:
> implement 2 modes of work for continuations manager:
> - standard, as it was up till now
> - secure in which continuations are bound to session. Only the session that created a
continuation can invoke it.
>   All continuations bound to session are invalidated when the session ifself gets invalidated.
>   This mode is for those users who build web applications protected with authentification.

> Modified:
>    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/ContinuationsManagerImpl.java
>    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/WebContinuation.java
>    cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf
Previously we have discussed about three continuations manager work modes:

- standard (current functionality)
- continuations invalidated along with session, still the continuation
is reachable from other sessions (or no session at all)
- fully isolated. only the session that created the continuation can
access it.

Thing is after a while I still do not see a use case for a second case
where continuations would be invalidated with user session but still
accessibe for everyone (of course before invalidation). So I have
changed the continuations manager to support only 1st and 3rd case.