cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject happy "nikolaus"
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:43:57 GMT
...at least in Germany we celebrate the 6th of Dec
with little presents.

Well, I finished my little present for you guys just in
time (about an hour ago). Ladies and gentleman:

...we have auto-compiling javaflow!!

My idea was to build a little nikolaus-flow application.
...but time did run out and I still want to polish some
things before I commit it to 2.1. ...but since I am
excited I wanted to share it with you guys.

I factored out the javaflow into a separate project
that hopefully will find some friends over in the
jakarta commons sandbox. ...same goes for the fully-
no-worries-ASL-licensed compiling classloader.

If someone really really bugs be I might be able
to put a first zipped version online somewhere.
Otherwise you will have to wait until I have a
few spare minutes and the commit messages gives
notice.

As for the changes:

The CompilingClassLoader now hooks in through
the ParanoidServlet. It watches a repository for
changes and compiles the classes accordingly.
A special version, the ContinuationClassLoader,
also rewrites the classes so they can be used
as javaflow.

Currently only compilation through the eclipse
compiler is supported. (but this might change
in the future) All classes are constructed and
held in memory directly.

I have no clue how this all will work out in
the real world. But I am looking forward to
getting some feedback.

cheers
--
Torsten