cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just say yes!)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:00:10 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> IIRC we aggreed that we like the current syntax of JXTemplate.
>> Exception: We deprecate the #{} notation in favour of ${xpath:....}.
>

> If nobody said this already (I have 150 or so mails to go ...),

Yeah, cocoon-dev has gone crazy during the week-end :-)

> more than one EL per template is clear FS to me. I'd be in favor of
> specifying EL at the TemplateGenerator declaration time, and would not
> go more granular than this.

I don't agree: it happens quite often to have mixed view data combining
java objects and XML. In that case, a single EL is just painful.
Furthermore, specifying the language in the component declaration
doesn't help readability nor reuse of templates between projects.

Sylvain