cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:57:30 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>> Still, CSS is not enough because is not able to change the layout of
>> things and, even worse, sometimes the style dictates the markup
>> (example: if you want to use stuff like rounded boxes).
>

> <OT>
> For rounded corners at tabs you can use :before and :after pseudo
> selectors http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#before-and-after,
> unfortionally it only works in modern browsers and not in the popular
> broken one that our custommers tend to have :/
>
> Then if you feel that your CSS style sheets are by far to easy to
> understand, there are a couple of interesting CSS tricks for getting
> rounded corners even in IE:
>
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors/,
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors2/,
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners/
>
> They are so subtle that the XSLT solution probably is better idea.
> </OT>

I do that. The problem is that you have *4* corners, not 2 ;-) that's
why it forces you to use two elements, so that you can have the top
corner be the :before of the first and the bottom corner to be the
:before of the second.

That's my favorite example of why CSS is not powerful enough for what
people need.

--
Stefano.