cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:18:00 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip/>
> Still, CSS is not enough because is not able to change the layout of
> things and, even worse, sometimes the style dictates the markup
> (example: if you want to use stuff like rounded boxes).

<OT>
For rounded corners at tabs you can use :before and :after pseudo
selectors http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#before-and-after,
unfortionally it only works in modern browsers and not in the popular
broken one that our custommers tend to have :/

Then if you feel that your CSS style sheets are by far to easy to
understand, there are a couple of interesting CSS tricks for getting
rounded corners even in IE:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors/,
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors2/,
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners/

They are so subtle that the XSLT solution probably is better idea.
</OT>

/Daniel