cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:02:23 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>>> I like this idea very much. It would be a shame if the quirks of
>>> Dreamweaver should force everyone to use an awkward syntax.
>>
>> The attribute driven synatax is new to me so I don't know if I find it
>> awkward or not, I'll need to see some larger examples. Anyway, we have
>> a user community (and our own webbaps) to think about, we cannot
>> change dirrection at every whim. We must support JXTG for the
>> forseable future so I would prefer if we could allow both syntaxes.
>>
>> Now, it will be interesting to see how long time it will take before
>> someone explains that: this is FS we only need to support one syntax,
>> namely the obviously optimal one, and those who believe that they need
>> the other one are generally less knowing and doesn't understand their
>> own best ;)
>
> I know you are looking at me :-) but interestingly enough, my FS alarm
> didn't go off.

Your alarm might have been desensitized by our continuos stream of FS ;)
Actually it would be boring if you were easy to predict.

> I really think that it makes sense to have two different syntaxes, one
> that uses elements and another one that uses attributes.

So do I.

> Now, having them cohexist in the page smells like FS, though ;-)

How did you know that I was going to propose that? And teling about my
idea about how to make the choice of tag language compiler and
implementation language triggered on each template tag is no idea any
more, I guess ;)

/Daniel