cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 14:04:06 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>
>>> macro(<name>,<param-name>,...,<param-name>)
>>>
>>> example:

>>> We also need an evalBody as in JXTG. And maybe we should have a
>>> possibilty to give a name space to the macro name.
>>

>> We also need:
>> - some script compiler directives i.e. for cache control (as in JXTG)
 >
 > Seem reasonable, sugest some mechanism.

<ignore do="processingInstruction( 'cache-key', $cacheKey )"/> if we
want the directive to remove element at which it was declare. Or we
could pass processing instructions at page root (or any element) if the
element would stay in the template.

Fine by me. The only concern is the performance here. Macro would have
to be played, output recorded and after that omitTag invoked. I'd rather
do it otherwise.