cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy G. Biv" <mi...@pcextremist.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:48:45 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> For the record: my focus is on having a template language for cocoon
> that is as powerful as XSP but avoids all the problems.

Is that realistic?  I can see logicsheets, but XSP was arbitrary Java
code.  I find it hard to believe that *anything* will be as
powerful/flexible as that.

> Dealing with strict constrains is also a very good exercise of design
> because it forces you to think rather than just work by symmetry.

Indeed.  My constraint has been a Simplified DocBook variant which I
find to be a much stronger data model than XHTML, but that doesn't make
me right.

For example:
http://geekspeak.org/articles/12/article.xml
 and the page it produces
http://geekspeak.org/articles/12/

Just trying to find the cleanest, most maintainable way there.

- Miles Elam