cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:40:18 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Stefano's focus seem to be on HTML.

For the record: my focus is on having a template language for cocoon
that is as powerful as XSP but avoids all the problems.

Also, I think that XHTML markup offers the best possible usecase of how
that template language should work.

Also, I think that being friendly to existing authoring tools is not
only a plus but a very interesting usecase that makes us think about the
hows and whys on the syntaxes and models that we use.

for example, Daniel proposed numbered-attributes to solve the problem of
loop nesting. Well, I think that's a problem we don't have, because it's
very unlikely that somebody will nest loops without nesting elements!

Dealing with strict constrains is also a very good exercise of design
because it forces you to think rather than just work by symmetry.

--
Stefano.