cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy G. Biv" <mi...@pcextremist.com>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just my opinion)
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:30:14 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> No, I disagree: there is a place for generation and there is a place
> for transformation. They are different things and both have a reason
> to exist.

I see where the statement comes from, but doesn't processing begin by
the template file seems like the generation step to me, not the data
injection.

With XSLT/STX, the stylesheet is the manipulative/transformative
vector.  With a flow template transformer, it's the flow object model.
With the i18n transformer, it's the l10n catalog(s).

Your dividing line seems somewhat arbitrary.  What am I missing?

- Miles Elam