cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Driven Templates (Was: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs)
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:10:39 GMT
Jonas Ekstedt wrote:
>>Several directives
>>So, how do we handle multiple directives for one element? We could
>>handle the TAL example above like:
>>   Ex Text
> Isn't there a risk that attribute templates become unreadable?
That is quite true: the attribute value could become lengthy.

I feel a little bit that the attribute syntax should be a 1:1
alternative for simpler cases to tag syntax. This way the developer is
the one to choose what he pleases.

The tag syntax is: simpler to teach, simpler to understand (it is
similar to a programming language structure). Still the syntax Daniel
proposes is kind of "sexy" and I would surely like to try it out.

Leszek Gawron
+48 (61) 855 06 67