cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JXTG: Imposible test case.
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:22:25 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I remember some threads related to the (ab)use of too many syntaxes in
> Cocoon. Is posible to  point to some imposible constructions in the
> current JXTG? Perhaps my narrow mind don't allow me to see them. What I
> see is a lot of similar languages with diferent syntax sugar: velocity,
> jelly, TAL, etc. Please don't get me wrong. I want to help too. I need to
> see some use cases first. :-D

No constructions that anyone has required are imposible in JXTG syntax
AFAIK. It is rather that some people want to be able to edit the
template in Dreamweaver and similar tools. And if one put the directives
in attributes instead of elements with special namespaces that works
much better. The attribute based languages might be less verbose and
easier to read also.

I think, as I hinted about in my RT about Attribute Driven Templates,
that we basically can allow both attribute driven and tag driven
templates from the same implementation. So we could resue the JXTG tags
as attribute directives and avoid the need for maintaining double
implementations.

/Daniel